The one thing we can say about the latest mobile devices: there is always someone out there that knows a handy trick or two that we may not know about. So we thought we would put out some feelers to our community – and do a bit of searching online – to find out what kinds of tips are out there that can make life a little bit easier for all of us smartphone users.
Whether talking short cuts or battery life, it turns out there was plenty of information to be had. So for those who are interested here’s a roundup of some of our favorites so far:
- BGR has published this piece on 10 hidden iPhone 6 features. If you don’t own an iPhone 6, not to worry. BGR also published a prior post about iOS in general that looks at 25 hidden features that are really, truly hidden.
- Want to clear up space on your iPhone/iPad? Techlicious has some quick tricks to share.
- You may have a few ringtones in your repertoire, but if you want to customize your iPhone vibrations as well, here’s some advice from Mashable.
- Computerworld also has this piece on 7 essential touch ID tip for iPads and iPhones.
- And for anyone who has had the misfortune of having to revive a wet iPhone, here’s another Computerworld article on that very subject.
- We also came across some good advice on how to get more out of Siri on your iPhone.
- If you’re an Android user, this Computerworld article offers up some advice on keyboard shortcuts.
- Digital Trends recommends 15 awesome Android 6.0 Marshmallow tips to try out, including how to see which apps are hogging the most memory.
- And community member, Howard Chu @hyc_symas, offered up this piece of sage advice for prolonging battery life: “De-install Facebook app to regain RAM and battery life. In fact, don’t use any apps for services that have perfectly good web sites.