The Cel-Fi SOLO RED public safety solution is a half-watt Emergency Responder Communications Enhancement System (ERCES) that delivers best-in-class talk-in and talk-out performance.
Cel-Fi SOLO RED
Ensuring reliable communication for emergency personnel, the Cel-Fi SOLO RED public safety solution is a half-watt Emergency Responder Communications Enhancement System that delivers best-in-class talk-in and talk-out performance. An ERCES that fully complies with current fire codes, SOLO RED is an Integrated Public Safety BDA that provides 700/800 MHz Land Mobile Radio (LMR) coverage. This versatile system is available in Class A and Class B variations and accepts DC power from either the purpose-built Cel-Fi SOLO RED Battery Backup Unit (BBU) or a certified third-party BBU device. SOLO RED is easy to install, NEMA 4 rated, listed to UL 2524, and compatible with other public safety systems.
No Noise Guarantee
By monitoring environmental changes and performing automatic adjustments, Cel-Fi SOLO RED ensures emergency personnel stay connected in any situation by delivering industry-leading performance with a no noise guarantee.
Automatic Setting of Uplink Transmitted Power
Cel-Fi SOLO RED simplifies the optimization of uplink (UL) gain for emergency communication systems by eliminating the need for additional equipment or guessing the calculations. The system calculates path loss automatically, allowing for different values according to network requirements and the option to setup a target range.
Automatic Calculation and Setting of Isolation & Downlink Gain
While isolation is calculated in real-time and automatically set at 20 dB per NFPA 1221, the system allows for different values according to local ordinances. DL gain is automatically adjusted to achieve the required value.
Industry-First Uplink Test
Nextivity’s groundbreaking uplink (UL) test for Cel-Fi ERCES allows integrators to easily achieve industry-leading talk-out performance by estimating the signal traveling from the installation site to the remote tower via walkie-talkie. Using the Cel-Fi WAVE PRO app, installers can test UL signal levels and view real-time analytics to ensure the best-possible signal-to-noise ratio.
Built-in Grid Test Functionality
With Cel-Fi WAVE PRO and Cel-Fi COMPASS, system integrators can test the downlink (DL) signal for the design planning stage and post-install performance evaluation. Installers can export the Full Signal Report as a .csv, which includes key LMR/Operator Network parameters: Operator, RSSI, RSRP, RSRQ, Frequency, Band, PCI and more. This system operation data is helpful for installers to prepare for AHJ walk-through tests.
Built-in End-to-End Remote System Monitoring and Management
The web-based Cel-Fi WAVE Portal provides installers and authorized users remote monitoring, managing, and control of Cel-Fi ERCES from anywhere. In addition to easily adapting Cel-Fi systems to local fire codes, the WAVE Portal allows users to customize notification and policy parameters. The intuitive platform also offers advanced performance metrics on Cel-Fi solution’s individual components, including real-time high site-to-server antenna monitoring and donor signal quality reports.
SOLO RED BDA
- 0.5W per band Emergency Responder Communications Enhancement System for 700/800 MHz LMR bands
- Class A Device: 64 Channels at 12.5 kHz Bandwidth
- Class B Device: 56 Channels at 100 kHz or 150 kHz Bandwidth
- Class A / B software selectable unit that can be converted in the field without additional codes or license fees
- No Noise Guarantee: Automatic Calculation and Setting of Isolation as well as Uplink and Downlink Gain
- Talk-Out & Grid Testing: Industry-First Uplink and Downlink Tests via Cel-Fi WAVE PRO and COMPASS
- IntelliBoost Chip: Delivers Unparalleled Real-Time Talk-In & Talk-Out Performance
- End-to-End System Monitoring: Built-in Remote Monitoring and Management via Cel-Fi WAVE Portal
SOLO RED Battery Backup Unit (BBU)
The Cel-Fi SOLO RED Battery Backup Unit (BBU) provides constant direct current and battery charging capabilities for Cel-Fi SOLO RED ERCES Integrated Public Safety BDA systems.
- Delivers Direct Constant Current to Cel-Fi SOLO RED and System Accessories, including the Cel-Fi RED Remote Annunciator Panel (RA), Emergency Power-Off Switch (EPO), and Active Server Antennas
- Provides Backup Power for up to 12 Hours During Power Outages
- Requires 80AH, 12V Lead-Acid Batteries
- Two Alarm Ports for Monitoring of the BBU