San Diego, California, US / Product Management / Full Time
Sr. Product Manager / Director of Product Management
As Product Manager, the incumbent will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. The incumbent will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from planning to tactical activities.
- Understand market trends, pricing strategies, product positioning and competitive market pressures.
- In conjunction with the marketing team, create the content for all of the marketing and sales material for designated products.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Together with the designated Product Specialist, drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing
Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Work with:
- Engineering to define product release requirements.
- Marketing Communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for designated product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with all areas of the company.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage a variety of tasks and meet multiple demands in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Must exhibit initiative, customer focus, and outstanding technical knowledge.
- Must foster a professional attitude and demonstrate integrity and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA preferred.
- Product Management experience in cellular wireless ecosystems, including Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS).