Cel-Fi GO brings Indoor Cellular Coverage for ATMs
Indoor cellular coverage for ATMs
• Bank has ATM’s across multiple locations
• New Bank Apps rely on the customer to have cellular connectivity cellular connectivity
• Cellular signal was poor at different locations
• Cel-Fi GO unit was placed inside the ATM, along with server antenna; while the donor was run from outside.
• The carrier-grade cellular coverage solution not only helped the ATM, but offer coverage footprints in the building for customers in the surrounding area.
• In areas that ATM’s suffered from suspect coverage, the Cel-Fi GO became the standard solution.
Banks need cellular service at ATM’s
National rollout of new ATM’s that relied on cellular connectivity, suffered from poor or inconsistent signal quality that disrupted operations in some locations. As banking needs change, the location of banking ATM’s have only changed with it. At one point these great machines were only used during off hours in front of the bank. As time evolved, these great machines began to pop up everywhere. With that direction, the need for remote location communication and management. Naturally cellular became part of the solution sets as these machines advanced into their modern-day form.These ATMs can be deep inside a building or environment with poor signal. These systems rely on 3G/4G/LTE to connect wirelessly to the bank’s central operations.
Carriers turn to Cel-Fi for in-building cellular
The IT Director contacts the Carrier, who recommends trying the Cel-Fi products. Cel-Fi GO was used in the initial trial, deep inside a shopping mall location; in the basement level. The unit was placed inside the ATM, along with server antenna; while the donor was run from outside. Cel-Fi GO includes the Cel-Fi WAVE application that allows for Antenna Pointing and Optimization, to enable a quick 1-person installation.
Cel-Fi provides cellular service in tough places
The carrier-grade cellular coverage solution not only helped the ATM, but offer coverage footprints in the building for customers in the surrounding area. Cel-Fi GO provides coverage for up to 15,000 sq. ft.. In some cases, ruggedized (NEMA 4 rated) systems were installed for use inside or outside a building — a significant plus when optimizing donor signals in a given area. In areas that ATM’s suffered from suspect coverage, the Cel-Fi GO became the standard solution.
- Multi-user for mobile & stationary coverage
- Up to 100dB max system gain
- Indoor/Outdoor NEMA 4 rated
Contact us today to help with your Cellular Coverage Problems
This Cel-Fi installation was undertaken by our partners, in which Cel-Fi has a global footprint in almost 100 countries. For a referral to a local expert in your area, please contact us via phone or email.