San Diego, California, US / Engineering / Full Time
Embedded SW Engineer
Embedded SW Engineers are responsible for implementing embedded software that forms part of Nextivity’s product line.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Embedded SW engineers design and develop real-time embedded software for Nextivity’s products. To that end, Embedded SW Engineers must:
- Design and document software systems.
- Implement embedded real-time software modules and systems according to an agreed software architecture.
- Implement module and system level testing for all software developed.
- Coordinate with test teams to ensure that all software is tested and all open issues are addressed.
Skills & Abilities
- Expert in C/C++
- Familiar with Software Development tools and processes
- Thorough understanding of the hazards and techniques relating to concurrent embedded systems using multiple threads or multiple CPUs.
- Hands-on experience with modern cellular technologies such as CDMA/UMTS, OFDM/LTE and 5G NR, preferably in the lower layers (PHY, L1/2).
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing techniques such as filtering, tracking, channel estimation, complex numbers, QAM modulation as well as fixed point implementations.
- Understanding of information theory, source and channel coding, MIMO, beamforming etc. is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Must be proactive, taking initiative and working in a collaborative team environment
- Technical skills in real-time embedded software development. Technical proficiency in embedded programming C and C++.
- Broad general knowledge of embedded devices and standards such as flash memories, SPI, 12C, UART, USB, Ethernet.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment when representing the Company
- Foster a professional attitude and demonstrate integrity and flexibility
- Entrepreneurial, rapid learner, inquisitive, and persistent
- Process Owner / process driven
- Detailed and disciplined
- Proactive Personality (“Can Do Attitude”)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in real-time embedded software development on platforms using Real-time Operating Systems.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the wireless industry.