San Diego, California, US / Engineering / Full Time
Sr. Staff / Principal RF Engineer
As a key member of our hardware development team, this role will design, validate, and document board level RF systems used to improve cellular network coverage in residential and enterprise environments. This role will report to the Director, HW Engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- RF line-up component selection and FDD/TDD transceiver design from antenna to baseband.
- Non-isolated power circuit design, implementation of digital and interfaces.
- Design for EMC, design for ESD/Surge protection, design for signal integrity, design for reliability/thermal performance, design to cost target.
- Circuit schematic capture.
- PCB component placement and routing accountability (direction to CAD engineers).
- Bill of Materials (BOM) configuration management and ECO implementation, design manufacturing documentation.
- Performing Design Verification Testing (DVT) on hardware platforms that you designed.
- Design verification results documentation and presentation.
- Yield, repair, and design for manufacturability production accountability.
Skills & Abilities
Must have good RF hardware design skillset and exposure to radio transmission and reception standards (preferably 3GPP LTE UE, Base Station, or Repeater Standards, FCC emissions compliance requirements, etc.) Must demonstrate the ability to manage a variety of tasks and meet multiple demands in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. Must be able to take initiative, have exceptional technical knowledge, and have a customer focused mindset. Must be detail-oriented, organized, and accurate with good verbal and written communication skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate a professional attitude with integrity, and the flexibility to work independently and or as part of a design team. Knowledge of quality control principles and methodology is an asset.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Alternately, a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with coursework emphasis on RF Engineering is acceptable.
7-10+ years of experience in cellular RF design and/ or Wi-Fi RF design and/or RF Repeater design. Experience preparing documentation (BOM, design simulations, functional specifications, layout design guidelines) and communicating technical information. Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, vector/spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and RF network analyzers.